Non Filed Tax Returns

Failing to file your income tax returns is not a situation to take lightly.  Typically, if you fail to file your federal return, the IRS will file them for you and this is usually done in a manner than best suites the government.    Keep in mind, however, that failing to file your federal or state tax return can be a criminal offense and you can be prosecuted and punished with potential jail time. If you have non filed tax returns, call us for help getting on top of the issue before it spirals out of control.

If you have non filed tax returns that fall outside the statute of limitations you will forfeit any refunds due to you by the government.  Even if this time frame has expired, however, it is still important to file the non filed tax returns as the statute of limitations does not begin until the government receives the returns. There have been cases where the service has assessed back taxes on decade old tax issues because the taxpayer never filed their returns.

We can help you get your non filed tax returns prepared and submitted and provide representation to get any back taxes resolved.  The best scenario is always one where you voluntarily comply.  The government is more likely to be lenient if a taxpayer makes a good faith effort to comply with the law.  If they have contacted you, it is not the end of the world, but it is important to be cooperative and responsive.  We can help you put your best foot forward.

The quicker you get started, the quicker the weight will be off your shoulders.

Call us today to get your non filed tax returns prepared and submitted. We are here to help.

If you have non-filed returns, Podraza CPA can help get on top of the issue before it spirals out of control.