Gift, Trust and Estate Tax Return Preparation
Proper implementation of an estate plan requires documenting the transfer of assets to individuals or trusts. Gift, trust and estate tax return preparation is required to properly implement any estate plan. Our tax experts can assist with gift, trust and estate tax return preparation, ensuring that the compliance objectives are met and that the appropriate elections are made on the returns.
It is important to develop documentation to substantiate value of transfers contemporaneously and to file returns timely. Failing to file returns timely can not only result in costly penalties, but can often be detrimental to the overall estate plan. Gifts may have to be valued post-mortem and valuation discounts may have been eliminated or reduced as a result of information that became available post-mortem or as a result of changes in the tax laws surrounding gift transactions.
Podraza CPA can help develop an audit trail to secure the estate plan.
We can help in the following areas related to gift, trust and estate tax return preparation:
- Asset valuation
- Gift tax return preparation
- Determine optimal time to make distributions to beneficiaries
- Determine optimal time to terminate trusts and estates
- Use trust provisions to determine whether the grantor, the beneficiaries or the trust should be taxed on the trust’s income
- Prepare tax returns for irrevocable trusts and estates
- Representation on complex areas related to gifts, trusts and estates
Call us today to find out how we can help with your gift, trust and estate tax return preparation.
Podraza CPA's tax experts can assist with gift, trust and estate tax return preparation, ensuring that compliance objectives are met and that the appropriate elections are made on the returns.